Cowork Members have access to two Ford Think 4-passenger electric vehicles ("EVs") free of charge. Use of the EVs is limited to short trips in the Starkville downtown area and to MSU's campus. The EVs are street-legal and limited to 25 mph. Members must provide proof of insurance and a valid driver's license. Members assume liability for the use of EVs.
– Must be 21 years of age or over.
– Must possess a valid United States driver's license.
– Must have proof of current car insurance.
– In general, EV use is on a first-come, first-serve basis. No prior reservation is required.
– EVs may be reserved up to 24 hours in advance and may be done so from the booking page.
– Cowork makes no guarantee about the availability or charge state of the EVs.
– Keys to EVs may be picked up from the Cowork front desk.
– Drivers will be required to:
i. Show a valid US driver's license and proof of car insurance. Cowork staff will make a copy of both.
ii. Sign a copy of these rules and MSU Liability Waiver.
– Use of EVs is limited to short trips in the Starkville downtown area and to/from MSU's campus using University Drive, and speed is restricted to 25 mph.
– EVs may only be used for a period of no longer than one and a half (1.5) hours unless special arrangements have been made with Cowork staff.
– EVs are street-legal and must follow all traffic rules, regulations, and applicable laws of the State of Mississippi, City of Starkville, and MSU.
– All occupants of the EVs must wear seatbelts at any time in use. The number of passengers may not exceed the number of seatbelts.
– Members may not operate EVs while under the influence of alcohol or other chemical which may impair driving ability.
– Members agree to refrain from using cell phones to talk, text message, or communicate while operating EVs.
– MSU PROVIDES NO INSURANCE COVERAGE of any kind whatsoever for Members or other occupants of EVs while Member is in possession of the EV.
– Members are solely responsible for loss cost, or damage to the EV incurred during the time that they are in possession of the EV. Member will be charged for the cost and expense of any repairs or replacement necessary to restore the condition of the property or equipment to its prior condition.
– Members are solely responsible for all moving violations and are solely responsible for any legal action which may stem from their use of EVs, including tickets, lawsuits, and repair costs.
– EVs are hardwired with cellular GPS tracking, and Member consents to such surveillance at any time. In the event a EV is not returned when expected, Cowork staff will make no more than two attempts to contact Member. If a Member and EV cannot be located, Cowork staff will report the EV as missing or stolen, and the matter will be turned over to the MSU Police Department.
– In case of an accident during the use of the EV where there are injuries, Drivers should dial 911.
– In case of an accident or any damage during the use of the EV, and where there are no injuries, the driver must notify the City of Starkville Police Department at (662) 323-4134 or MSU Police Department at (662) 325-2121. Please advise law enforcement that you are operating a MSU-owned vehicle, and they will dispatch an officer to complete an Accident Report.
– Immediately after notifying law enforcement, you must inform the Cowork staff as to the nature of the accident or damage that has occurred to the EV.
– Member expressly understands and agrees that Cowork is part of Mississippi State University, a state institution of higher learning, and is subject to the laws of the State of Mississippi governing actions of state agencies. Member further acknowledges that MSU does not relinquish or forfeit any of the rights, protections, or guarantees afforded it as a state agency under the laws of Mississippi, notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein or in any other agreement between the parties.
– Member and its officers shall indemnify, defend, hold harmless, protect, and exonerate the State of Mississippi, the Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning, MSU, and each of their officers, agents, employees, and representatives, both in their official and in their individual capacities from and against all claims, demands, liabilities, suits, actions, damages, losses and costs of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, court costs, investigative fees, and expenses, attorneys' fees, arising out of or caused by Member and its partners, principals, officers, agents, employees, and representatives related to actions or inactions of Member, its partners, principals, officers, agents, employees, and representatives. In MSU's sole discretion, Member may be allowed to control the defense of any such claim, suit, etc., but in such an event, Member shall use legal counsel acceptable to MSU. Member shall be solely responsible for all costs and/or expenses associated with such defense, and MSU shall be entitled to participate in said defense. Member shall not settle any claim, suits, etc., without MSU's written concurrence, which concurrence MSU shall not unreasonably withhold.